The education system of tomorrow will be highly dependent on technology. According to Vikas Gupta, MD, Wiley India – The application of technology will not only help students to learn effectively, but it will also change the way we perceive our studies. Currently education system is more of a regimented one, than a holistic one. It hinders the natural organic growth of a student in manifold ways. As per the predictions, in the near future, adapting to the new technologies will root out this problem once and for all. In this article we will discuss about 5 future technological innovations in education.
- Learning Applications: In the world of smartphone boom, the term application or apps is known to everyone. In the future through the usage of special applications students will acquire knowledge seamlessly. As by the going day, Smartphone usage is becoming a norm or habit, the future technology is just going to exploit that habit. Say for example an interactive app on history will impart knowledge on ancient History, in a more interesting way than through the classroom based approach.
- AI or Artificial Intelligence: Although quite different, AI infused learning is almost like the smart learning apps. Through the usage of AI shortcoming of each and every individual student can be monitored. And keeping in mind those shortcomings, tailor made study material will be made for each and every student. This individualistic approach will negate the burden of one size fits all mentality currently in the educational sector.
- Virtual Reality: Through the usage of virtual reality a holistic sense of education will be imparted to the students. It is a proven fact that people tend to memorize those things that they have firsthand experience. So only learning about the Amazon Rainforests in a book is not enough. Through a virtual reality tour of the forest the study will be more effective, as the students can live in the reality of the place. Similarly a virtual reality tour of stone man’s settlement from the annals of human civilization will make the subject more interesting as well as worth remembering. The same is applicable for all the fields- science, literature, and math and so on.
- Learning on demand: through the concept of learning on demand, a lot of rigidity can be broken about education in the near future. Today traditional educational courses commence and end in accordance to a fixed schedule. Through the learning on demand approach this fixed schedule will become a thing of the distant past. Students can get into a course at their own pace, learn accordingly and imbibe the spirit of knowledge within them.
- Digital Assessment: Through the usage of digital assessment, the constraints of time and place will be negated once and for all. Students across the globe can partake on a learning course, and their assessment and evaluation will take place digitally. So they won’t have to be physically present at the educational institution. This technology will make learning accessible for all.